2017 is well underway and as things in Politics and Society continue to go in uncertain directions, data is perhaps one area that can be more certain:
- More data (open, shared & closed)
- More hacks & security issues
- More awareness of the law
- More challenges to fact based decision making
- Hopefully a focus on schemas & infrastructure
Instead of regurgitating my views from an earlier article, check out my thoughts given to Data IQ (note: this was done as part of my day job).
I'd also recommend a look at these Open Data predictions from the Guardian.
Have a great 2017!